
《哈姆雷特》
1. To be or not to be, that is the question.(生存还是毁灭,这是个问题。)
2. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.(丹麦国内存在某些腐朽的东西。)
3. The play's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king.(戏剧是我的工具,我将借此揭露国王的良心。)
《李尔王》
4. How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child.(拥有一个忘恩负义的孩子如毒蛇之牙刺骨。)
5. Nothing will come of nothing.(一无所有,一无所获。)
6. As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport.(我们对神来说如同捉弄小孩子的苍蝇,他们杀人只是为了娱乐自己。)
《奥赛罗》
7. O, beware, my lord, of jealousy! It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on.(哦,警惕,我的领主,别让嫉妒心降临!它就像是一个绿眼怪物,嘲笑着它所依赖的食物。)
8. Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.(声誉是一个没有实际意义的虚假概念,常常是得之无功、失之无愧。)
9. But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at; I am not what I am.(我会让我的内心裸露在外,供鸟儿啄食;我不是表面上看起来的那个人。)
《麦克白》
10. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more.(熄灭吧,短暂的蜡烛!人生只是一个行走的阴影,一个穷困的演员,在舞台上炫耀和愁云满面,最终不再被人提及。)
11. Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.(双倍的辛劳和烦恼;火焰燃烧,锅中沸腾。)
12. I have no spur to prick the sides of my intent, but only vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself and falls on the other.(我没有刺激自己意图的动力,只有不断夸大的野心,它越来越大却最终落得个倒下。)